Family caregiver program in ct
Do you currently live with someone who may have issues with mobility, transportation, bathing, eating and more? Are you their primary caretaker? If so, you may qualify for compensation as a result of the tireless, committed care you already provide.
The National Family Caregiver Support Program (NFCSP) was established in 2000 with an initiative to help support family and informal caregivers care for aging adults to keep them in their home as long as possible. Connecticut has offered a new service under the Connecticut Home Care Program for Elders (CHCPE) which includes a family caregiver program (AFL) that began in 2013 that allows seniors to be cared for in the comfort of their own home. In addition to, caregivers may be eligible to receive a tax free stipend up to $500 per week or $26,288 per year.
This is a great alternative to aging in a nursing home or having to hire an outside caregiver. Outside caregivers are very expensive and do not know the senior loved one nearly as well as family. The type of services provided in this program include:
- providing information to caregivers
- assistance in gaining access to these services
- counseling, support groups, and caregiver training
- personalized care plan
- 24/7 support to the caregiver and client
Family caregiver qualifications
The Department of Social Services mandates the applicants must meet the following requirements to be eligible to participate in this program:
- the client must be 65 years or older and caregiver must be at least 18 years of age
- Connecticut state resident
- needing assistance with personal care. This includes bathing, eating, transportation, dressing and taking medication.
- must meet the programs financial eligibility
Each applicant is then reviewed to determine if the client is able to stay at home with the assistance of home care services.
How Juniper homecare can help
Serving as a caregiver for a family member is one of the most rewarding jobs anyone can do. Not only do you get to spend time with your loved one, but you also have the opportunity to ensure he/she receives the best quality care possible.
Juniper is an industry leading home healthcare agency focused on providing support and resources to the elderly community in Connecticut. Juniper staffs the highest level nurses to assist family caregivers in providing the best care to their loved one. We understand the importance in training and guidance when it comes to taking care of another person. Our team helps you every step of the way.
Additional services that Juniper also provides:
- Adult Day Center – located in New Britain and Hartford – Check out how much fun and excitement our groups have each day here!
- Meals on Wheels – serving the Greater Hartford area – Get a hot and delicious home cooked meal delivered to your door from Elmwood Kitchen
- Around the Home – Looking for some help with tasks around the house such as homemaking, personal care, or heavy housekeeping?
For more information about Juniper and the Family Caregiver Program click here or contact us today at 860-523-1418 for any questions with home care. We look forward to hearing from you!